New perspectives through photography
What this policy covers
This policy explains:
- The type of personal data that we collect and where it is stored
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- How we use personal data to contact and interact with you
- How and why we share your personal information
- How we protect personal data
- How to contact us
This policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about the Gallery.
Personal data we collect
We may collect information from you in a number of ways, including:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list;
- When you complete a form on our Website;
- When you submit your email address or enter other information on our Website;
- When you contact the Gallery for any reason;
- If you use our Artsy site or purchase from the gallery directly we will collect your full name, billing and shipping address, email address, phone number.
When you browse our Website, we may collect:
- Information on your online browsing behavior;
- Information about the devices/browsers you have used (reference site domain name, operating system, browser type, and date and time of visit);
- Location data.
When you contact us or we contact you, we may collect:
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on and the links that you then visit on our Website
- Details of such correspondence
Some of our email communications to you may include a “click-through URL” linked to a particular page on the Website. By clicking on such URL, you will automatically enter our Website and we may collect information relating to the “click-through”. You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our email communications.
We may collect aggregate information regarding user behavior to measure interest in and use of our Website. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable and/or anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of products purchased, pages you access most frequently or search terms you enter. Aggregate information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by the compiled information. For example, the number of people who visit our Website who live in a particular city is aggregate information that does not personally identify a specific user. Aggregate information may be used to determine patterns and produce demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
How we use your personal data
We collect, store and process your personal data to improve your experience with the gallery and provide the goods and services you require.
Uses made of the information we collect:
- For administration and maintenance of the Website;
- To understand and meet your needs and preferences;
- To provide you with the information that you have requested from us (such as newsletters, email announcements or other information);
- To provide you with information and updates about the Gallery and/or our Artsy Page that we feel may interest you;
- To assess and improve the effectiveness of the content of our marketing emails;
- To manage and develop our business and operations;
- To respond to queries raised by you and provide customer service;
- To comply with legal obligations or for the protection and enforcement of legal rights; and
- In connection with any sale of our business or assets.
Contact and interaction with you
If you sign up for our email communications or complete a form on our Website, you are giving us permission to store data about you and interact with you to provide the information you requested. Contact can take place over the phone, email, by mail or through social media.
- To unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all bulk correspondence, although you may receive emails from individuals Please contact us using the details below if you would like to be removed from ALL correspondence from the Gallery.
In some, but not all, instances the Website, software services associated with the Website and third parties collecting information through the Website may follow certain Do Not Track signals or similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
Sharing personal data
We will never sell or trade your Personal Information to outside parties.
If we sell artwork to you, we share your name and location with the artist for their records.
We may share information with any associated companies or service providers who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law. Occasionally, we are requested by law enforcement and government agencies to share Personal Information, and we reserve the right to comply if lawfully requested or required.
We may work with third parties in the provision of some of our services and it may be necessary for us to share your information with them in order to provide those services. Upon request, and when relevant, we will provide details of which third parties we work with.
In addition, our Website may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Understand how our Website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error message when you browse;
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened a marketing email that we have sent you;
- Help us compile data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may use trusted third-party services, like Google Analytics, that track this information on our behalf. Some cookies are necessary so you should not disable these if you want to be able to use all the features of our Website. You can disable cookies but this may affect your full experience of the website.How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information, which may include:
- We use computer firewalls and physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data
- We use Malware scanning. Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible
- All communications between your browser and our Website are encrypted
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential
While we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Website or to us by email. Once we have received your information, we will store it in electronic and physical records maintained by us and use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Children under age of 13
Our Website is a general audience website and is not directed to or intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any Personal Information from children under 18. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us via any means.
If we learn we have inadvertently collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you.
If you would like to receive the personal data we hold about you, or if you believe it to be incorrect, please write to:
The al markhiya group
Attention East Wing
Katara Art Center Building 5
You can also email us at: email@example.com
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time without notice, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates.